Thursday 25 February 2010

Ice Cream

I've been very prolific with posts recently, but as it's been my birthday I've been eating lots of lovely food!

After visiting the wonderful Foodilic last Sunday, it's hard to believe but after waddling around for an hour me and my friend fancied something sweet. So we headed to Scoop and Crumb, which I have been meaning to try for ages... and what better treat on a rainy day than an ice cream sundae? All the ice cream is made with local organic milk, and it's not a chain - infinitely better than your run of the mill Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Daz. At least on a grim day like that we didn't have to queue, apparently this place gets super popular with people queuing out the door, being as it is just a stone's throw from the seafront.

They've managed to create a refreshing, light tasting ice-cream, yet with a satisfying creaminess - a bit like Italian ice cream. We both had two scoops: I had strawberry cheesecake and cherry with chocolate; Karen had lemon and chocolate crunch. They didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment